Friday 15 June 2012

Live caricature adventures

I have wanted to do some live caricaturing for a while now but where to start? So I get this call from a friend inviting me to Number 10 to do some drawing at Dave Camerons jubilee street party. Well that would be a good place to start for sure. I would be caricaturing kids - which would be a challenge as I had never even caricatured a kid before. Hmmm some hasty research and practice on the kids at home and their friends and we're off to Downing Street. Went really well, the kids - mostly cubs and scouts - were great fun and were clearly loving being drawn. Pulled off about a dozen sketches most of which I was happy with but unfortunately I have no record whatsoever! A steep learning curve if ever there was one but a fantastic day. domrichardsillustration on facebook for more pics

No comments:

Post a Comment